What We Mean By Your Data
‘Your data’ is any form of information relating to you as an individual. Examples of this include your name, address, phone number, email address and so on. This also covers any user names or passwords linked to our site where applicable. There are several data privacy laws in place to protect such information (such as the Data Protection Act 1998). All information collected by us will be handled in compliance with all such laws.
What Information We Collect
We collect both information that may identify you (identifiable data) and information that will not identify you (non-identifiable data). Non-identifiable data cannot be used to identify you as an individual, but it will still be unique to you.
Examples of identifiable data that we may collect from you include:
- Information you enter about yourself on our site, for example, your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Details of any correspondence between us, including any personal information you may give us to help us identify you.
- Details of any transactions completed through our site.
Examples of non-identifiable data that we may collect from you include:
- Click-stream information, which tells us how you found our site.
- Which pages you visit on our site.
- Which country you are in.
- The default language your browser is set to.
- Which browser you use.
- Which search terms you have entered.
- Information on your general internet usage.
What Information We Don’t Collect
We do not capture or store any payment information, including payment card details or account information. We do not process any payments internally; this process is powered by Amazon. Payment information is processed off-site using Amazon's secure servers, before your order details are returned to us along with confirmation of payment.
When We Collect Your Data
Data is collected from you throughout your use of our site. We collect your data when:
- You fill in any forms on our website. This includes forms required when placing an order, signing up to our newsletter or making an enquiry.
- You complete surveys that we may send you for research purposes (although you don’t have to complete these).
- You create an online account.
- You make a complaint, enquiry or provide us with any feedback.
- You place a comment on the site.
- You submit an entry to a competition or prize draw.
- You disclose data to us through the site at any other point.
How We Collect Your Data
Any personal information we collect on you is collected through your own input to our site and any communication we have directly with you.
Where We Store Your Data
Any information which we hold on you will be stored on our secure servers, both in accordance with our own security polices and the law. These servers are security protected by passwords and firewalls. Personal information is always encrypted before it is transmitted electronically. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to ensure that this information remains secure. However, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the transmission of information through the internet is not 100% secure. Whilst we do everything in our power to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information sent to our site. Any transmission is entirely at your own risk.
Please note that any information you share through our site (including via our blog or social networking pages) will be published on the internet and may be available via the internet around the world. Please think carefully about whether you wish to share this information before posting, as we cannot prevent or be held responsible for the misuse of such information by others.
With regards to any accounts held through our site, you are responsible for keeping your login details confidential. We will never ask you for your password. For more information on this please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Why We Collect This Information
We collect this information about you in order to process and complete any orders, and generally improve our site and service. Specifically, your data is used for the following purposes:
- To process the registration of your online account.
- To maintain your online account.
- To process and complete orders made via the site.
- To process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you.
- To monitor, develop and improve our site and services.
- To ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our site, where you choose to do so.
- To identify and inform you should you be a prize winner.
Additionally, where you consent to such actions, we may also use your data:
- To keep you updated about us and our products by email, post or phone.
- To inform you about any special competitions, promotions or offers.
Data For Marketing Purposes
We will only use your information in order to contact you regarding us, our products or promotions should you specify that you are happy for your information to be used in this way. If you have given us permission to use your data in this way in the past but now want to opt-out of such communications please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that should you opt out of any promotional communications, this will take 5 days to come into effect. You may still receive any communications that were already in process, although you will have been removed from our list.
We will only pass your personal information to other companies:
- As is necessary to process your transaction (i.e. to delivery companies). We will not sell, rent or lease this information to any other company or individual without your permission.
- Upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so.
- To exercise or defend our legal rights.
We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. Information passed to such organisations is not for use in commercial or marketing services.
Accessing And Updating Your Information
If you believe that the personal information held about you should be updated, please contact us at email@example.com. If you hold an account with us you are able to log in and update your details online.
Please also contact us at this address should you require a copy of all personal information held about you. Please note that this may be subject to an admin fee, and we will require appropriate evidence to prove your identity.
Links To Third Party Sites
In some cases, our site may offer links to external websites. The privacy policies of such sites may differ to ours, and we recommend that you check these before using such sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, security or practices of any third-party websites and recommend you check these before using such sites.
Sale Of Assets
In the unlikely event that Cover-Up or all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.